In addition to public transport, Melbourne has a great taxi system in place to help you get around.
Safe City taxi ranks have been established in the CBD to give patrons and taxi drivers access to safe transport and fares late at night.
The four Safe City taxi ranks are located at:
- 55 King Street
- Flinders Street Station, Swanston Street
- 50 Bourke Street (near Spring Street)
- 190 Bourke Street (near Russell Street)
Each taxi rank is staffed by a security officer in a distinct uniform. The ranks are also monitored by security cameras:
- from 11pm Friday to 5am Saturday
- from 11pm Saturday to 5am Sunday every weekend
- during special events such as the Melbourne Grand Prix and New Year’s Eve.
Cab booking phone numbers:
- Australia's Taxi Network 13 1008
- Arrow Taxi Services 13 2211
- Black Cabs 13 2227
- Embassy Taxis 13 1755
- Maxi Taxi 13 6294
- North Suburban Taxis 13 1119
- Platinum Cabs 0450 665 464
- Silver Service 13 3100
- Yellow Cabs 13 1924
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxis 9277 3877
Did you drive your car into the city? Had too much to drink and need to get home safely with your car? Contact Drivers on Scoot: 1300 WE DRIVE (1300 933 7483) and they can drive you and your car home safely.