If your event or business is in the City of Melbourne, you can list it for free on our What's On website. As this site delivers nearly 20 million page views a year and ranks highly in Google search results, a listing should give you some great free publicity.
There is no charge for listing your event or business, but it must:
- be within the City of Melbourne municipality. The municipality includes the suburbs of Melbourne, Carlton, Parkville, East Melbourne, West Melbourne, Jolimont, Docklands, South Wharf and more. If you are unsure, please check the City of Melbourne boundary map.
- fall under one or more of the existing What's On site categories.
Listing an event
- To list an event being held within the City of Melbourne municipality, please log in to Event listings. If you need to edit your existing event, just log in again.
- If you don't have an event organiser login, you can create an account for yourself.
- All events are subject to approval. This usually takes two to three business days.
- If you need more help submitting your event, download the user guide or email our event editors.
Listing a business
If your shop, bar, cafe or restaurant is in the City of Melbourne municipality you can apply for a free business listing on the What's On website.
Please note that all submissions are subject to regulatory checks and approval. Processing may take two to three weeks. If you are unable to submit via our online form, please contact us.
The personal information which you provide for publication in an event or business listing will appear on the What's On
website, and may also appear on other City of Melbourne sites, mobile sites or applications, RSS feeds, social media and related services. It may also be provided to other organisations, for example Tourism Victoria, or other event sites.
For more information on how we will use and disclose the information which you provide, please see Privacy
. If supplying images, please refer to our photos and privacy guidelines