During March and April 2017, enjoy the early Autumn atmosphere in Fed Square with MIFF Shorts at Fed Square – a specially programmed package of five shorts by local Melbourne filmmakers, that have all screened at Melbourne International Film Festival in 2015 or 2016.
The program includes:
- Olympic Nick: A Donutumentary. The story of Melbourne icon Nick Tsiligiris and the hot jam doughnuts he makes at Footscray train station.
- Big City. A lonely taxi driver working the late shift is befriended by one of his passengers.
- Family Holiday. A family goes on holiday. They are a family on a holiday.
- Sweat. Colin Friels plays a farmer trying to keep up with his younger and more technologically advanced neighbour.
- Ernie Biscuit. Oscar-winner Adam Elliot's claymation about a Parisian taxidermist who travels to Australia with his pet duck.
Please note, the films are unclassified, but approved to screen without age restrictions by the Australian Classification Board.