The Melbourne Visitor Centre (MVC) is located at Federation Square, opposite Flinders Street Station. Along with face to face visitor information on Melbourne and Victoria, the centre offers:
- free brochures and maps*
- guides on events and what's on
- public transport information and myki Visitor Packs
- Best of Victoria - accommodation and tour booking service
- Best of Souvenirs - quality Melbourne souvenirs and gifts
- discounted theatre tickets from Halftix (March only)
Corner Swanston and Flinders streets
(opposite Flinders Street Station)
Open daily from 9am to 6pm
Closed Christmas Day
Street-level lifts provide access to the Melbourne Visitor Centre, situated on the lower-ground level.
Teachers and school groups
Please note that all school groups (whether accompanied by a teacher or not) are required to make a booking prior to visiting the MVC. Please contact the supervisor on 9658 9658.
*The City of Melbourne is committed to being a leader in environmental sustainability and resource management. Visitors are encouraged to only use the brochures they really need. Teachers should be aware of this when assigning tasks that require students to research Melbourne using print material.