The Melbourne Visitor Shuttle is a great way to explore inner city Melbourne. Make use of the free Wi-Fi on your journey while you listen to the audio commentary that shares stories of our city's past and present. Take your time; tickets are valid from day of purchase till end of the following day.
Cost: $10 for up to two days for adults. Children nine years and under are free.
Tickets are valid from day of purchase (or day validated if purchased over the counter or online) until the end of the following day.
Buy tickets from any of the following locations:
Please note: ticket machines only accept credit cards or coins and automatically validate. View ticket conditions
The shuttle operates daily *(except on the days noted below), departing every 30 minutes. The first service leaves Stop 1 at 9.30am and the last at 3.45pm. The full trip takes approximately 90 minutes.
*The Melbourne Visitor Shuttle service does not operate on the following days in 2015:
- ANZAC Day – 25 April 2015
- Run Melbourne – 26 July 2015
- Melbourne Marathon – 18 October 2015
- Melbourne Cup Parade – 2 November 2015
- Christmas Day – 25 December 2015
Tickets purchased the day before one of the above listed shuttle closure days, when the shuttle does not operate, will be valid until the last service the day after the closure day.
Melbourne Visitor Shuttle route
There are 13 stops where you can hop on and hop off. Each point of interest is only a short walk or tram ride away. Download the shuttle route brochure (PDF 3.2MB) or pick up a copy at any of our visitor information services.
From the Melbourne Visitor Centre and the Melbourne Visitor Booth, the closest stop to board the Melbourne Visitor Shuttle is Stop 2 – Federation Square.
Stop 1 Arts precinct
Step off here for plays, pictures and performances.
- Arts Centre Melbourne
- NGV International
- Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA)
- Malthouse Theatre
- Melbourne Recital Centre
- Southbank Theatre
Stop 2 Federation Square
Step off here for visitor services, culture and art.
- Melbourne Visitor Centre
- Federation Square
- Ian Potter Centre, NGV Australia, Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI)
- Birrarung Marr and William Barrack Bridge
- Federation Bells
- Flinders Street Station
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Hosier Lane
Stop 3 Sports precinct
Step off here for stadiums, legends and gardens.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- National Sports Museum (in the MCG)
- Melbourne, Olympic and AAMI parks
- Fitzroy Gardens Visitor Centre, Cooks' Cottage, Fairies Tree, Model Tudor Village and historic Conservatory.
* Note that this stop is not in service on MCG event days. A temporary stop on Lansdowne Street (next to Fitzroy Gardens), operates on all event days listed in the table below.
|September ||October ||November ||December|
There are no ticketing facilities at the temporary stop. The closest ticketing facility is the Fitzroy Gardens Visitor Centre.
Unless any road closures occur, the shuttle route and service times should not be affected.
Stop 4 Chinatown precinct
Step off here for shopping, theatre and a Chinese dragon.
- Her Majesty's, Princess, Regent, Athenaeum and Comedy theatres
- Chinatown and Chinese Museum
- Collins Street and Greek precinct
- State Library of Victoria, Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne's GPO, Melbourne Central, QV Melbourne and Emporium
Stop 5 Melbourne Museum and Carlton Gardens
Step off here for culture, cinema and city gaol.
- Melbourne Museum
- IMAX Theatre
- Royal Exhibition Building
- Carlton Gardens
- Old Melbourne Gaol and City Watch House
Stop 6 Lygon Street precinct
Step off here for La Dolce Vita and La Mama.
- Lygon Street lifestyle
- La Mama and Carlton Courthouse theatres
- Piazza Italia
- Museo Italiano Cultural Centre
Stop 7 University of Melbourne
Step off here for museums, music and modern art.
- University of Melbourne
- Ian Potter Museum of Art
- Grainger Museum
Stop 8 Queen Victoria Market
Step off here for the market, museum and mint.
- Queen Victoria Market
- Melbourne Zoo
- Flemington Racecourse
- Arts House and Errol Street
- Hellenic Museum
Stop 9 Harbour Town, Docklands
Step off here for shopping, skating and sailing.
- Harbour Town Shopping Centre & Customer Service Centre
- O'Brien Group Arena (formerly Medibank Icehouse)
- Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
Stop 10 Etihad Stadium and Victoria Harbour
Step off here for arts, parks and sporting events.
- Victoria Harbour
- Yarra's Edge
- Etihad Stadium
- Docklands Park
- Fox Classic Car Museum
Stop 11 William Street
Step off here for culture, courts and coastal wonders.
- Immigration Museum
- Koorie Heritage Trust Cultural Centre (relocating July 2015)
- Legal precinct
- ANZ Banking Museum
- Enterprise Wharf
- Melbourne Aquarium
Stop 12 Southbank and Yarra River
Step off here for the skydeck, shops and ships.
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- South Wharf Promenade
- Crown Entertainment Complex
- Eureka Skydeck 88
- Polly Woodside
Stop 13 The Shrine and Royal Botanic Gardens
Step off here for music, a memorial and meandering gardens.
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Ian Potter Foundation Children's Garden
- Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Government House
- La Trobe's Cottage