The Melbourne Visitor Shuttle is a great way to explore inner city Melbourne. Ride in comfort while listening to stories about the city's colourful past and current quirks.
Cost: $5 all day, children under 10 are free.
How to purchase: tickets are available from Best of Souvenirs in the Melbourne Visitor Centre at Federation Square or from ticket machines at each stop. Please note, ticket machines only accept credit cards or coins. View ticket conditions.
The shuttle operates daily (except Christmas Day), departing every 30 minutes from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The full trip takes approximately 90 minutes and includes on-board commentary.
- The Visitor Shuttle is a popular service and is likely to run at full capacity in peak periods
- Stop 3 Sports precinct is not in service on MCG event days
- A restricted service operates on Labour Day and ANZAC Day, from 1pm to 4.30pm
- No service on Christmas Day
Melbourne Visitor Shuttle route
There are 13 stops where you can hop on and hop off. Each point of interest is only a short walk or tram ride away. Download the shuttle route brochure (PDF 2.1MB) or pick up a copy at the Melbourne Visitor Centre.
Stop 1 Arts precinct
Step off here for plays, pictures and performances.
- Arts Centre Melbourne
- NGV International
- Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA)
- Malthouse Theatre
- Melbourne Recital Centre
- Southbank Theatre
Stop 2 Federation Square
Step off here for visitor services, culture and art.
- Melbourne Visitor Centre
- Federation Square
- Ian Potter Centre, NGV Australia, Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI)
- Birrarung Marr and William Barrack Bridge
- Federation Bells
- Flinders Street Station
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Hosier Lane
Stop 3 Sports precinct
Step off here for stadiums, legends and gardens.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- National Sports Museum (in the MCG)
- Melbourne, Olympic and AAMI parks
- Fitzroy Gardens, Cooks' Cottage, Fairies Tree, Model Tudor Village and historic Conservatory.
* Note that this stop is not in service on MCG event days.
Stop 4 Chinatown precinct
Step off here for shopping, theatre and a Chinese dragon.
- Her Majesty's, Princess, Regent, Athenaeum and Comedy theatres
- Collins Street, Greek precinct
- State Library of Victoria, Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne's GPO, Melbourne Central, QV Melbourne
Stop 5 Melbourne Museum and Carlton Gardens
Step off here for culture, cinema and city gaol.
- Melbourne Museum
- IMAX Theatre
- Royal Exhibition Building
- Carlton Gardens
- Old Melbourne Gaol and City Watch House
Stop 6 Lygon Street precinct
Step off here for La Dolce Vita and La Mama.
- Lygon Street lifestyle
- La Mama and Carlton Courthouse theatres
- Piazza Italia
- Museo Italiano Cultural Centre
Stop 7 University of Melbourne
Step off here for museums, music and modern art.
- University of Melbourne
- Ian Potter Museum of Art
- Grainger Museum
Stop 8 Queen Victoria Market
Step off here for the market, museum and mint.
- Queen Victoria Market
- Melbourne Zoo
- Flemington Racecourse
- Arts House and Errol Street
- Hellenic Museum
Stop 9 Harbour Town, Docklands
Step off here for shopping, skating and sailing.
- Harbour Town Shopping Centre & Customer Service Centre
- Medibank Icehouse
- Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
Stop 10 Etihad Stadium and Victoria Harbour
Step off here for arts, parks and sporting events.
- Victoria Harbour
- Yarra's Edge
- Etihad Stadium
- Docklands Park
- Fox Classic Car Museum
Stop 11 William Street
Step off here for culture, courts and coastal wonders.
- Immigration Museum
- Koorie Heritage Trust Cultural Centre
- Legal precinct
- ANZ Banking Museum
- Enterprise Wharf
- Melbourne Aquarium
Stop 12 Southbank and Yarra River
Step off here for the skydeck, shops and ships.
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- South Wharf Promenade
- Crown Entertainment Complex
- Eureka Skydeck 88
- Polly Woodside
Stop 13 The Shrine and Royal Botanic Gardens
Step off here for music, a memorial and meandering gardens.
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Ian Potter Foundation Children's Garden
- Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Government House
- La Trobe's Cottage